Root canal treatment is a procedure that treats an infected tooth by removing infected dental pulp. It aims to restore a tooth, which otherwise might require removal.
Root canal treatment is a painless and highly efficient strategy for preserving your natural tooth, to avoid the consequences of missing teeth.
At Bendigo Smiles, our dentists are constantly trained in the latest procedures and methods of scientific root canal treatment.
Top Advantages of Root Canal Therapy
- A relatively simple and painless procedure
- Relieves toothache
- Helps stop abscess formation
- Stops the spread of infection to other teeth
- Saves a diseased tooth from extraction
- Improves the appearance of your teeth
- You can chew and bite normally days after the treatment
- Helps enhance your overall dental wellbeing
Signs That You Need Root Canal Treatment
If you notice any of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately to determine if you require root canal treatment:
- Persistent or severe toothache, that ranges from mild to acute
- Swelling in the gum or jaw around an affected tooth
- Weird or foul taste around tooth
- Pain when chewing or opening mouth
- Fever due to possible infection in the root canal
The Process of Root Canal Treatment
- Your dentist will take X-rays of your mouth to see the shape of the root canal of the affected tooth
- Signs of infection surrounding the bone of the affected tooth will be checked
- Your dentist will use a local anaesthetic to numb the area of the tooth
- A rubber dam will be placed around tooth to keep the area dry
- The infected pulp and bacteria are removed by drilling an access hole into the tooth
- The dentist will use root canal files to clean and shape the root canal. Clean water or sodium hypochlorite may be used to clean the debris
- The dentist will seal the tooth for added protection
- The final step involves restoring the treated tooth with a dental crown
Root Canal Procedure At Bendigo Smiles
Bendigo Smiles offers effective and pain-free dental services to offer you the most convenient and comfortable root canal procedure possible. A well-performed root canal therapy provides a healthy, well-functioning tooth. Root canal treatment eliminates the pain so you can perform your daily routine without discomforts. If you think you need a root canal procedure, visit Bendigo Smiles today.