When one dental treatment is not enough to address your various oral health issues, full mouth rehabilitation may be advised.
Full mouth rehabilitation, also called full mouth reconstruction or restoration, involves general, cosmetic, and restorative dental procedures intended to restore and boost the health and function of your entire mouth, including the jaw joints and muscles.
At Bendigo Smiles, our doctors have the extensive training and knowledge necessary to handle complex full mouth rehabilitation procedures. Your Bendigo dentist will determine which combination of procedures is necessary to address your needs and rebuild your perfect smile.
Who Needs Full Mouth Rehabilitation
If you have multiple dental problems affecting some or all of your teeth as well as the supporting tissue in your mouth, you might be a good candidate for full mouth rehabilitation. You must be generally healthy to receive the local or general anaesthesia needed to undergo any extensive dental surgery procedures involved in the rehabilitation. Full mouth rehabilitation may be recommend for the following situations:
- Several worn down, chipped or broken teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chronic jaw pain or TMJ disorder
- Frequent headaches and back pain
Full Mouth Rehabilitation Procedures
Cosmetic, surgical, and restorative dental procedures may be performed independently, depending on your needs. However, when multiple problems exist, your dentist may recommend full mouth rehabilitation, which may include any combination of the following procedures:
- Restorative procedures – dental implants, dental crowns, inlay/onlay, dental bridges, tooth fillings
- Cosmetic procedures – veneers, teeth whitening, tooth bonding, gum re-contouring
- TMJ treatment – treats problems associated with temporomandibular joints and the bite
- Teeth grinding treatment – therapy and appliance to resolve bruxism and its associated symptoms
- Orthodontics – invisible removable braces, traditional metal braces, expanders, spacers
- Periodontal treatment – scaling, root planning, gum surgery
- Oral Surgery – tooth extractions, wisdom tooth removal, root canal treatment, soft and hard tissue grafting
Benefits of Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Gives your mouth and jaws a complete reconstruction
- Boosts your self-esteem and confidence
- Improves your oral health through improving the structure, strength, and health of your teeth, gums, and jaw joints
- Improves sleep and concentration
- Improves general health and feeling of wellbeing
Rebuild Your Smile and Dental Health At Bendigo Smiles
Full mouth rehabilitation is a comprehensive and modern approach towards addressing multiple dental health issues, and at the same time restore your smile.
At Bendigo Smiles, we can rebuild the lustre and health of your smile to help boost the quality of your life.
Learn more about the benefits and procedure of full mouth rehabilitation by scheduling your appointment today.